Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Of The Rest
Don't need a safety, they have four solid players there. Ditto corner, but I still think they could go after Myrick with this many picks. I don't see them going for a TE that would occupy a roster spot this year so Butt makes a lot of sense (IR). They won't go WR, QB, or RB.

In summary, the positions of need are as follows:

LB- This is a no-doubter. They will select at least one, probably two LBs moving forward.

DT- My guess would be Qualls from Washington. They got Peko in Rd 4 if memory serves.

DE- Carl Lawson. They might even package some later picks to move up for him. Best player still available IMHO. They definitely need another one.

OG- Although I have this down, the Bengals seem very happy with Redmond, Westerman, and TJ Johnson, but I think Asiata is a great prospect and would love to see him drafted this round by the Bengals.

OT - Clearly need depth here, but not much available. They might like the Davenport kid from Bucknell but he is more raw than sushi. Great length, but has a LONG way to go to be ready to play LT in the NFL. Not sure you could occupy a roster spot with him....practice squad type player and you don't take those in Rd 4. Round 6, maybe. No team would likely swipe him because of the rules that they would have to give him a roster spot and he needs a lot of development. Incredible size and wingspan, though...I would try him in the 6th.

C- Again, like Guard, the Bengals think they are just dandy here, but if Toth was available in the 5th or maybe 6th round, I would consider him.

If I could project it all out, I would love to see the Bengals package their compensatory pick at the end of Rd 4 with their first pick in this round to move up to the top and get Carl Lawson, DE. Then, get a LB like Elijah Lee from Kansas State. In the fifth round, I would take the kicker, Zane Gonzalez. Need to make sure we get him. In the sixth round, get the DT like Elijah Qualls (Wash) or Tyrique Jarrett (Pitt) along with a LB like Carroll Phillips, a twitchy guy that can also rush the passer out of Illinois. Seventh round? Geez, no idea....look for a speedy raw DB for PS.

So, in my dream scenario:

Rd 4- Carl Lawson, DE and Elijah Lee, LB
Rd 5- Zane Gonzalez
Rd 6- Tyrique Jarrett, DT/NT and Carroll Phillips, LB
Rd 7- Ben Boulware.. If nothing else, he would be a special teams ace

If they aren't able to get Lawson (I bet he goes very early and if you don't trade up, you won't get him) then maybe they could get Ifeadi Odenigbo in the bottom of the 4th round. They have a solid grade on him and he is a high-character guy from Centerville that is still growing in to his body and has really good upside. Loved how he looked last year at Northwestern.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Best Of The Rest - TKUHL - 04-29-2017, 03:27 AM
RE: Best Of The Rest - TKUHL - 04-29-2017, 03:43 AM
RE: Best Of The Rest - BURROWorBUST - 04-29-2017, 05:17 AM
RE: Best Of The Rest - SHRacerX - 04-29-2017, 10:03 AM
RE: Best Of The Rest - pulses - 04-29-2017, 01:03 PM
RE: Best Of The Rest - tigerseye - 04-29-2017, 11:36 AM
RE: Best Of The Rest - pulses - 04-29-2017, 01:43 PM