Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussing Joe Mixon (going forward)
Joe Mixon is a polarizing figure, and not just on this board or among the Bengal fan base, but in practically every discussion that occurs about him across the country. The 'incident' that occurred with him and the young lady centers around a topic - violence towards women - which has become more prominent in the public conversation over the last few years, and which often generates a lot of emotion on all sides.

No matter what anyone thinks of Mixon, or what he did in the past, the fact is that he's a Bengal now - whether you love it, hate it or are completely indifferent about it. This board is going to have to find a way to deal with that without being at each others throats for the next few years. 

Personally, I'm not a Mixon fan and didn't want him on the team. I expressed my feelings about that prior to the draft. However, the reality is that he was drafted by the Bengals and he will be part of this team, no matter my personal feelings about it. 

When Marvin said that Mixon will be living under a microscope, I think he was absolutely right. That actually presents a great opportunity for Mixon, IMO. If he stays out of trouble, gets involved in the community and charities, and carries himself well on and off the field...he can eventually win over a lot of people who aren't currently rooting for him and do wonders for the perception his critics have about him. I'm certainly open to changing my opinion if those things happen.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that everyone is entitled to their opinion of the kid, and what he did. Everyone also has a right to express those opinions. I just ask that going forward, the members of this board make a concerted effort to discuss Mixon - and all topics -in an adult way, without resorting to attacking each other personally. 

When it comes specifically to the moderation of this topic, or any that involves very different opinions and points of view...our goal to let everyone speak their mind. If you have something to say, stick to the subject matter (or items relevant/pertaining to the subject matter) and make your case. I realize that, in and of itself, can sometimes lead to contentious discussion, but it doesn't have to lead to attacking one another...which in turn, ends up ruining the conversation and risks getting suspended or banned. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Discussing Joe Mixon (going forward) - Bengalholic - 05-02-2017, 01:42 PM