Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good article on MMQB this morning ....
(05-04-2017, 02:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think you'll find a person on here that thinks Dalton is on the level as those 3...but 29 teams have starting QB's not named Brady, Rodgers or Ben (who I think is lucky to be mentioned with these 2). So why make that the emphasis for this story? All QBs (even the elite 3 he mentioned) need talent and good coaching around them. It really has nothing to do with Andy's arm (which is good enough), where he was drafted (Carr, Preskott, Brees and Brady were all taken later), or his ability to lead a team. 

Why make the narrative that Dalton essentially needs to be propped up by talent around him? If it were any other QB, they would just be calling it what it is: surrounding a good QB with quality pieces to help him be successful. All teams try to do the same. Btw, I haven't seen the national media call out the Bengals line (or failure to address it during the offseason) the way they have for Russell Wilson... or Andrew Luck in the past.

I disagree with the way he worded a lot of things in that article.  He may not have intended for things to come off the way they did, but the wording suggests otherwise.  

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good article on MMQB this morning .... - Wyche'sWarrior - 05-04-2017, 02:37 PM