Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thus would be a perfect year for Wyche to help out Zamp.g
(05-08-2017, 02:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Except.....I don't recall anyone saying he would be leading the offense....thought we were just talking about consulting....also, there are exceptions to every rule.  I'm telling you right now, Dick LeBeau was, and is a successful DC in his 70's as is Monte Kiffin.

The fact remains, 20 some odd years later, they are still using A LOT of the things he came up with.  Stop selling the guy short.  He's probably forgotten more about football innovation than Mediocre Marv and His Merry Band of Tenured Bums will ever know.....mainly, winning postseason football. :andy:

Interesting that offensive coordinators don't tend to have the same shelf life as defensive. As to your two examples neither has been more than average for 10 years. Just because they are using concepts doesn't mean he will still be effective, as I said the guy who invented the forward pass doesn't mean he can successfully apply it to today's game. As for the comparing to Marvin, your just oging off on a tangent and it has nothing to do with this topic.

The guy could give advice I am sure, but not sure it really makes much of a difference in the grand scheme and would be more publicity stunt than anything.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thus would be a perfect year for Wyche to help out Zamp.g - Au165 - 05-08-2017, 02:58 PM