Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins and AJ Green HOF chances?
Geno currently ranks "only" 157th all-time in sacks with 52.0, but 99% of the players ahead of him were either 4-3 DE's or 3-4 rush LBs. He's already received 5 pro bowl nods and is a 2 time first team All-Pro. His resume is already among the greatest DT's of all-time, and he's only 29, so he has a few years to pad it. Fwiw, if Geno can notch only 20 more sacks for his career, he'd finish right around 80th all-time in sacks, with only a tiny handful of DTs having more.

AJ Green is actually further off than I thought. He's currently sitting at 481 catches, 7135 yards and 49 TDs. He'd likely needs to double up those numbers to get serious HOF consideration, and at 29 years old, I'd say that's possible but unlikely. He needs 271 catches and 3649 yards and 18 TDs to surpass Chad's franchise records, which he should be able to pull off. He does have 6 Pro Bowl nods already.

So do you guys think either has a realistic shot at the Hall? I would also mention Whit, but like Big Willie, he just didn't get the recognition he needed and deserved.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Geno Atkins and AJ Green HOF chances? - Shake n Blake - 05-16-2017, 01:12 AM