Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMQB Predicts Mixon Over AJ In Fantasy Rankings!
(05-26-2017, 04:59 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Hill is the only vet Mixon has to worry about right now, and from what I heard the coaches are a little unimpressed with what he's been doing the last few years. Gio won't be back until mid season, and I doubt Peerman will take any snaps from him. I bet we will see a LOT of Mixson this year, even at the start. I think Hill will get some goal line touches, but those will even be reduced after the first few games. I could be wrong, but I just don't see Hill taking too many snaps, unless he starts playing like he did at the end of 2014.

This.

Mixon's success will not be for a lack of opportunity.  I think it is interesting your comments about Hill.  I can't decide if the Bengals would want to up his value for a better compensatory pick, or keep his value low so they sign him to a negligible contract. 

I doubt they really think of things that way, but you never know...they really like those compensatory picks, and really crushed it in the draft with them this year.  

I see Hill as basically a one-year player that will be playing for his next contract but his lack of impact in the passing game (though, to be fair, he has caught every ball thrown to him...he just doesn't get many targets, which makes his presence that much more predictable as to what they will be doing when he is in the game) and he also is poor in blitz pick up.  That should relegate him to a role player position in this offense.  He will get some snaps to keep Mixon fresh, but the bulk of the workload will fall on Mixon.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MMQB Predicts Mixon Over AJ In Fantasy Rankings! - SHRacerX - 05-30-2017, 06:10 AM