Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hospitals Might Mess Up My Stem Cell Treatment
(06-06-2017, 01:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: University Hospital discarded them because it had been over ten years (or another amount of time) and they aren't required to keep them.

Children's didn't send them because something in the wording of the request was wrong.

Almost everything that is used as comic material nowadays has a serious flip-side that could be taken as serious.  

However, the hospital saying the hell with it and possibly denying me the chance to have a life-altering procedure isn't wrong enough to be mad about?  

And the wording was on the university, but it's on the hospital that they didn't notify either part of the mistake so that it could be modified to make sure that it got done.  My life being changed at such a drastic level is not something that should be taken lightly by them.

Update:  One of my lawyer friends said that, if Children's doesn't have my records sent to me soon, that he'll take legal action and make it all happen (he saw my Facebook update on it because many people have been requesting updates and he sent me a private message).  My mom says she thinks that the records that my lawyer sent has most of what we need, just not everything.

Your deflecting. Nothing about showing up and killing people is funny especially after a work place shooting yesterday. Your first post made it seem as if University did something wrong and carelessly threw things out, but the reality was they complied with federal standards and your request was unreasonable. As to Children's, the wording is very important is my guess. Because of all the rules about releasing records the fact it was worded wrong very well could have prevented them from really doing anything. USF should have known how to properly file these requests on your behalf. The hospitals job isn't to proactively hunt people down who fill paper work out wrong, they'd need a whole department for that, their job is to answer questions when those people follow up. Always follow up on paperwork to ensure it was done correctly.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hospitals Might Mess Up My Stem Cell Treatment - Au165 - 06-06-2017, 02:48 PM