Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realistic expectations for 2017
There's been a lot of turnover this offseason on our roster. As a result, this has many of us scrambling, flip-flopping, and kicking the imaginary tires on the potential for this upcoming season.

I've seen fan predictions go from 4-12 back in March to 11-5 after day 2 of the draft. There has been plenty of overreaction, albeit some of understandable, especially being guilty of it myself. In light of all of this craziness amongst the fan base this offseason, I'm finding it difficult to view next season in realistic terms.

Talent wise, we are probably somewhere in between the 2015 and 2016 roster. Key additions via the draft improved the pass rush and offensive playmaking potential tremendously, but even more crucial O-line losses put us in a deep worrisome spot, exposing an already glaring weakness.

The Steelers only look to be improved, both offensively and defensively. The Ravens lost some weapons offensively, but improved as much on defense as we did on offense. The Browns will still struggle, but they are most likely on the up and up.

Where do we realistically stand in light of all of this? And trying to leave emotion out of it, how will we fare against our division rivals?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Realistic expectations for 2017 - clevelandsdad - 06-05-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: Realistic expectations for 2017 - 3wt - 06-06-2017, 01:05 AM
RE: Realistic expectations for 2017 - J24 - 06-07-2017, 12:49 AM