Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017-18 Season, 2 keys, and 1 step up in each phase of the game
Offense: I believe two keys for the offense this season are Tyler Eifert and Joe Mixon. If those two can stay healthy and produce, we are immediately better in the red zone, on third down, and less one-dimensional. The player that needs to step up (and likely to be everybody's choice) is Ced Ogbuehi. The Bengals have shown complete faith in his ability to man the LT position this year.

Defense: I believe the two keys for the defense lie with new player additions Tyler Willis and second-year player Andrew Billings. If Willis can produce the pass rush I believe he is capable off the edge, the defense will not only be better at getting off the field on third down, but could yield more big plays (sacks, turnovers). Billings I see as more than a space-eater, but a blocker-eater. A self-professed "double-team eater", Billings could help the rest of the line have more pass rush opportunities and also help keep the new, speedy LBs clean. Billings can also help create push in the QBs lap, dropping him further in to pass rush lanes. The player that needs to step up is Burfict. He already appears to be in great shape, but if we get "Good Burfict", with no behavioral stupidity, for 16 seasons, the impact of him at his top level is greater than any player on the team.

Special teams: Easy: Elliot in the kicking game, assuming he wins the job, is a huge key for this team. The other spot I will go for is Erickson. If he can produce as he did last year, and the team keeps 7 WRs, we will be a very good special teams unit. The player that needs to step up is Kevin Huber. It seemed as though he had an off year, and he we need him booming 50 yard punts with hang time again.

That's my list...what is yours?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2017-18 Season, 2 keys, and 1 step up in each phase of the game - SHRacerX - 06-07-2017, 09:06 AM