Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals in Odd Numbered Years under Lewis
There's really nothing clear about what happens behind the scenes.

Generally it's the coordinators that make the adjustments.  I've seen Guenther make changes in the game plan effectively.  My gut is that that is not one of Z's strengths.   His game plans have been really nice.  But once a team adjusts to us we do not seem to compensate.   It think the defense makes good in game adjustments.

The offense may be compromised by Marvin - I don't really know.  But I know that Marvin has allegedly been quoted as telling (Brat I think) that he wants us do send in run plays exclusively.   When I watch the Patriots and the Steelers, I do not see that kind of rigid play calling.   I see them continuing to game plan and be aggressive in their play calling.

They do not typically sit on a lead.

Last year we had a really good game plan going in.  The Pats went into the locker room and came out with a different game plan.  And they did not stop hammering us till the end of the game.  

What killed us most in that game was that we did not have the personnel to deal with the Patriot's change in game plan.  Their tight ends ate us alive.

So I apologize for going all over the place.  But I do believe our coordinators try to make adjustments - sometimes very successfully - especially on defense, I don't think Marvin is aggressive enough when we're ahead and we had some serious deficiencies in personnel last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals in Odd Numbered Years under Lewis - 3wt - 06-20-2017, 05:21 PM