Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation
I think players are in the same boat as Marvin, either perform or leave, but coaching is a bit different in that coaches rarely miss games because of injuries. Players often do and coaches performance really hinges on the talent and performance of the players more so than the other way around. 
Marvin has had to pull teeth to get things from the ownership and coaches are quite often hamstrung by ownership. We really don't know just how many times Marvin has been forced to have to deal with ownership whims that hold the team back. He seems like the kind of loyal employee who would keep his mouth shut despite horrible moves by the front office and be willing to take the blame for it, but because of the way Marvin is, tight lipped, we really don't know just how much he's had to swallow to keep his job. 

Of course there's always the conspiracy theories about Marvin being from the Pittsburgh area and still being loyal to them over his current employer, but I don't really buy that one. They don't pay his mortgage. 

Nice article Jim. I'm glad I hadn't been to the site for awhile so it wasn't begging me to subscribe (as much as usual)..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players speak for first time on Marvin's contract situation - grampahol - 06-22-2017, 05:13 PM