Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Glad We Won't Be Worrying About Dalton
(06-29-2017, 05:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Simple economics, my good man.  The NFL is a business worth billions and roughly 10 people on earth are able to do its most important job (play QB) well during any given year.  If you can do something only 10 people on earth can do you are more valuable than someone who does a job a billion people could do.

What is so hard to grasp about this?  It's just supply and demand. It's not about fairness, it's about having a skill set that is highly valued and next to no one on earth can duplicate.

And yes, $450k  sure seems like an excessive amount of money to us working stiffs, but the $35k we bring home each year sure seems excessive to starving Ethiopians.  It's all relative.

Yep ,this is sort of the unpleasant truth of the matter.  Dalton is a great value, but I have a hard time being so smug about that when we are comparing him to "overpaid" QBs who have made it closer to the SB than we have in nearly 30 years.  I really think some people around here have the idea that Dalton would take super team-friendly deal even if he pulled a Flacco in a contract year and was the SB MVP.

The short of it is that I HOPE we eventually have to worry about how much money Dalton is going to command because, you know, he won it all or something.

Well you do understand that Derek Carr has not won a playoff game and just broke the bank....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So Glad We Won't Be Worrying About Dalton - Essex Johnson - 06-29-2017, 08:33 PM