Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds trade Cueto to the Royals
I'm reading the KC royals message boards, to see what they think, and they agree it was a win-win trade.

A lot of them were sad to see Finnegan go, as he was phenomenal as a call up last September, when he was a rookie.

But, he gave up 5 runs in one inning of game 4 in the WS, so a lot of people blamed him for losing the world series.

It sounds petty, but it also sounds like something we'd do if the same thing happened to us in a series that took all 7 games.

Many of them were upset that Reed was leaving too, as they said he was showing vast improvement and had people thinking he could be a closer or as high as a #2 starter, given his new command from changing his throwing mechanics.

I don't know if you guys read the stories, but apparently, Cueto was almost traded before his start against the Rockies. But a player failing a physical of some kind on the Royals' side halted the entire trade.

The Royals fans speculated that the player that failed the physical was Sean Manea. He's another tall fireball throwing pitcher, like Reed. Except he is the #43 overall prospect, and the Royals' #2 prospect.

He has more upside than Reed, as he is a strike out machine, but has a lot of durability issues as well, missing a big chunk of time this year with abdominal and groin strains, as well as a torn labrum prior to being drafted.

Depending on how serious his injury concerns are, I think it was probably better to get Reed, because if Manea was in the trade, he would have likely been the center piece instead of Finnegan.

I'd rather have Finnegan here to sure up the middle of our bullpen (or possibly the back of the bullpen if Chapman is traded) while maintaining him to possibly be a starter in the future. He is under team control until 2020 after all.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds trade Cueto to the Royals - Trademark - 07-26-2015, 12:54 PM
RE: Reds trade Cueto to the Royals - kevin - 07-26-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Reds trade Cueto to the Royals - kevin - 07-26-2015, 01:07 PM
RE: Reds trade Cueto to the Royals - McC - 07-26-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: Reds trade Cueto to the Royals - CJD - 07-26-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: Reds trade Cueto to the Royals - kevin - 07-26-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: Reds trade Cueto to the Royals - CJD - 07-26-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: Reds trade Cueto to the Royals - kevin - 07-26-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: Reds trade Cueto to the Royals - CJD - 07-27-2015, 08:14 AM
RE: Reds trade Cueto to the Royals - CJD - 07-27-2015, 05:04 PM