Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL
(07-04-2017, 11:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Ok. If you say so Mr. Bfine.

2. If that's your opinion, I respect that. The part I don't respect is where you've been suggesting that only a homer would take Andy over some of the guys you listed. It's quite easy (as I've shown you) to make an argument for Andy against any of them. He stacks up quite well and has had a fine career. Perhaps saying he belongs in the top 10 is a bit optimistic, but saying he ranks 18th is definitely about as bad as you can possibly rank him without people brushing your opinion off as utterly ridiculous.

3. I would've put Eli on your list over Mariota or Winston. IMO, Tannehill did not have a better season than Dalton although it looks debatable either way. CP9 wasn't better than Dalton so whether you like him or not should be irrelevant. Trubisky isn't even viewed as a good prospect...it was a weak QB class.

4. I'm sure you've always deferred to these same "experts" when it's been time to rank coaches? Somehow I doubt that.

5. I've never made that Peyton (or Brady) comparison. You'll have to take that up with guys like Philhos. So you can't use that argument against me. 

6. Matt Schaub was a fantastic QB for most of his career. Dalton's career rating is also better than:

Andrew Luck
Derek Carr
Carson Palmer
Matt Stafford
Cam Newton
Ryan Tannehill
Eli Manning
Joe Flacco
Alex Smith
Sam Bradford

1. I do and it is

2. I have not used the word homer, I just take issue with those that think there is some conspiracy by National media to slight Andy. In the article linked in the OP I could not find anyone ahead of him that would be considered an insult 

3. So we agree that I just didn't but every decent NFL QB ahead of him

4. The latest coaches ranking has Marvin as 17th. I can roll with that.
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000816560
Heck I'm even willing to give those that have only been doing it for a year or two credit as being better, are you?

5. I'll take you at your word that you were not proclaiming Andy's excellence 2 years into his career

6. Schuab was very good as a starter, His rating is hurt by some rankings he received as a back up. Tyrod Taylor and Marcus Mariota also have a higher career rating than Andy. Do you happen to have the playoff rankings?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: According to yahoo, Bengals tied with Giants for 18th best QB options in the NFL - bfine32 - 07-04-2017, 11:59 AM