Poll: How Will This Team Shoot Themselves In The Foot This Year?
Ignorant Penalties including 'After Whistle Penalties'
Offensive Failure
Defensive Failure
Coaching Errors
Lack of Discipline
Lack of Mental Toughness
Inability To Finish
Two or More Above (Explain)
Other (Explain)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
How Will This Team Shoot Themselves In The Foot This Year?
(07-10-2017, 08:19 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The biggest difference between this team since, 2005 is that, for the most part, every time they take the field for a season game, regardless against who, they have a good chance of winning the game!

As a fan from the beginning (1968) this hasn't been true of this team for 14 years from 1991 to 2004.

That, in and of itself, makes it more enjoyable to watch, but I am like Pat5775, I hope for the best, but expect the worst.  

[b]Even after Burfict's interception in the 2015 playoff game, I said to my wife and son, for most other teams, that would be the ballgame, but for this team, you can only celebrate victory after the clock reaches 0:00, they are at least one point ahead, and there are no yellow flags on the field, and son of a gun if they didn't mess that up too!![!
/b]

Can I get an amen Pat5775?  Wink

Absolutely agreed! That playoff game, I was watching at a bar amongst a bunch of neutral fans (mostly Giants, Patriots and Bills.. and one steeler fan  Whatever) and after Burfict's interception I started to celebrate, saw how much time was left and I immediately went into full on panic mode. I was a shaking, nervous, finger nail-chewing wreck. Literally EVERYONE was telling me to relax and that the Bengals had this one in the bag (some random guy got up to leave and shook my hand, congratulated me on "the first playoff win in 3 decades" and headed out... Bruh!). I remember telling everyone that they don't know this team like I do and there was STILL a way they could blow this... And low and behold. I left that bar a laughing fool. All I could do was laugh. I think it's how I hold onto my sanity cheering for this team. Who else would that happen to but the Bengals? You just can't make this stuff up
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Will This Team Shoot Themselves In The Foot This Year? - Pat5775 - 07-11-2017, 12:46 AM