Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Get Off My Lawn Vent about the 4th of July
(07-06-2017, 02:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Apparently you can get those whistlin' bungholes in Tennessee, Mr. Dirt.  :)

This is the first year Iowa has allowed fireworks.  So pretty much all day since Friday night, cuz Saturday and Sunday is the weekend, and no one worked on Monday and Tuesday was the actual 4th, the whole town sounded like WWIII had just started.  So for about 5 days straight fireworks until all hours of the day n night.  Whatever happened to being respectful and going around and telling your neighbors, "Hey we're having a few folks over tonight, we're gonna hoot n holla and drink some beers and blow some shit up tonight.  You and the old lady are more than welcome to stop over and partake in the shenanigans."   nope, not a peep.  I don't know.  the older I get the more I feel the world has changed or left me behind. 

And no one in town blew their fingers off like I was praying for starting around Sunday at 4pm.  Dammit!

Yeah, that is bad.  We ALWAYS set them off on the weekend of the 4th, regardless what day the actual holiday falls on, so we are not disturbing people like ourselves that have to work during the week.  I don't have to ask my neighbors, all of my immediate ones are there.  We usually start around 930, and are finished no later than 1130.  We also do not get blind drunk and mess with this stuff.  It's dangerous enough as it is.  I enjoyed them as a kid, and now my kids enjoy them....and to me, that's what it's all about.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Get Off My Lawn Vent about the 4th of July - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-07-2017, 09:03 AM