Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH
(07-21-2017, 09:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have a VERY competitive team that I love watching.  They have been this way pretty much since Marv took over with the exception of a few clunker seasons.  If you are going to call Mr. Brown's organization crap and incompetent for the 90s, you have to at least give them some credit for their performance in the past 13 years.  

How much praise do you think they should get for a .533 record with record-setting playoff futility? The national media doesn't think Marv should even have a job...so why do you look at the same results and think he and the organization deserve praise?

[Image: loweredexpectations-380x285.jpg]

Btw...there were way more problems in the 90's than just 4 busts (1 of which wasn't even that bad). Among the problems:

1. Impatience with QBs. Blake, O'Donnell and Boomer were good enough if they would've just built around them.
2. Hiring bad coaches. Shula for 5 years. Coslet was never a good HC anywhere. LeBeau wasn't a good HC either.
3. Ignoring free agency. 
4. Legendary cheapness (small towels, renting out TV's at camp, charging for drinks, etc). I can't imagine the negative impact on player mentality this would have.

That's just a portion of it, and it all traced back to MB. He's only changed some of it, and tbh I'm not going to be thankful that he's "getting closer" to running a legit NFL franchise. He's still behind the times on a lot of aspects, and that certainly doesn't help us in our quest to end the quarter-century long playoff drought. I'm also not going to be thankful to Marv for being thoroughly mediocre, getting owned by our chief rival and being incomprehensibly bad in playoffs/prime-time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN DOWN GRADES BENGALS DUE TO HEAD COACH - Shake n Blake - 07-21-2017, 12:51 PM