Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Ranked 7th Best Running Back Situation
Yahoo! ranked every team's running back situation, and I was surprised to see us ranked 7th:

Quote:7. Cincinnati Bengals

Starter: Jeremy Hill/Joe Mixon

Third down: Mixon/Giovani Bernard

Backup: Cedric Peerman

The Bengals are a tough group to rank. Jeremy Hill averaged under four yards per carry for the second straight year, but he remains fantastic in the red zone. Bernard is a versatile weapon who has averaged nearly 50 catches per year but is coming off a torn ACL. And then there’s Mixon, whose skill set should translate very well to the pros, but he’s just a rookie and he’ll have off-field questions following him for the rest of his career. If things go well — Mixon becomes the lead back sooner rather than later, Bernard is close to 100 percent and Hill continues his short-yardage dominance — this is one of the league’s elite backfields. If things go poorly — Mixon struggles to adapt to a pro offense, Hill continues to struggle and Bernard isn’t the same player he once was — the Bengals are in trouble.

I keep saying that I don't see Hill even making the team, and I'm still very bitter over the fumble, but it even notes that he wasn't very good last season and that Bernard is coming off injury. This is weird because they don't talk-up Mixon much, but I guess that they're expecting him to come in and light the NFL on fire because otherwise this doesn't make any sense.

There's also the issue of the line, which is why Elliot and the Cowboys are ranked first, but I guess they're like me in that they're gaining confidence in our line.

Steelers are #2, which going off Bell's talent might make sense, but he can't stay healthy and they have nothing behind him that they can rely on.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Ranked 7th Best Running Back Situation - BFritz21 - 07-11-2017, 04:57 PM