Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are Your Mock Draft Practices Going ???
(07-20-2017, 10:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: just got a D+ drafting in the 3rd position. Honing my skills.

I would not worry about the D +.......The site is grading on who they think are the best players. THEY could be wrong...They seem to have Big Ben of Super Bowl Rings, Hard to Tackle, and puts up great numbers some games and years when he has the blocking and receivers.  Big Ben has at times been MR Touchdown and nobody wants to play their passing game.  Having Bell running will open it up for the passing...Yet all this and Big Ben is rated low this year.  Luck, the top draft pick who replaced Peyton Manning can flat out throw, but is rated low.  So is his WR TY Hilton who led the NFL last year in passing yards.  The best defense in NFL last year was Super Bowl Patriots, also rated low.  One of the better RB's last year was Blount, also rated low.  The top pass catcher was Larry Fitzgerald, rated low.   Eifert is rated low and Bengal Fans know IF he is healthy, Dalton hits him over and over in the end zone for Touchdowns.  Gronk is rated low compared to last year.  

I disagree with letting the computer make my picks. The computer is programmed by people who have preseason rated these players 

There is NO WAY anybody on the computer can rate your picks as a D or an A at this point. It's way too early. Your guess is as good as theirs. Don't get fooled by these so called Experts on these Football Web Sites. They don't know any more than we do. They are Front Runners. ......I thought you getting 2 good RB's and then also QB-Ryan was a great start.  You got Hunter Henry who Rivers goes to. You getting Bengals Top Puck Ross at second last pick was a steal.....Don't let anybody tell you that is a D rated draft. ....I know who I want in the draft and they are not all top picks according to the Draft Experts.  ....Look, you can only get one First Round Pick anyway.  .....I know who I value in each round, I will go 2 Top RB's as you did. I don't even go QB until 6, 7 or 8 depending where I draft. I'm locked in on Big Ben, Luck and if one is gone, Dalton.  THe Computer may give me an F, I don't care.  I grab my top RB's and then my top WR's.   My top WR's from pick 3 on are TY Hilton and Larry Fitzgerald, WHO I WANT.......I would like to grab both of the first 2 WR's taken in 2017 Draft as I finish out my draft. . ..At the end, TE, DEFENSE, Kicker

So I suggest having a plan and back-up picks if your guys go too early. Don't worry about how the Computer Grades you. You line up your players you think will be on the board in each round....I liked your mock draft. You nailed 2 good RB's and still got Ryan at QB.  ...You have a good plan, don't let the Computer talk you out of it too much. I thought you went a little high on TE and Defense but I could be wrong. Maybe I'm going too late on TE.  If Gronk or Eifert have big years, I've noticed if one teams TE has a big game and the other team has a blocking TE, That point swing wins it for the TD scoring TE team.  ....So don't listen to me or Computer.....Your Mock Draft you posted looks good. You have a good plan of attack going. 

If I pick first, I will take Elliott.....If I pick last, I will take Howard.....and either way hope I get Ajayi as my second RB. then 2 WR's....Then I need to land 2 QB's a WR and 2 RB's, not in that order....and then hopefully the top rookie WR picks...then TE, Def, K.....That is My plan. Good or Bad, it is my plan and the Computer won't talk me out of it with Grade Score....Plus, their will be good Free Agent Defenses to add. WR's and TE Free Agents will rise depending on their QB's who are going to them. ...The Draft is just to set up working the Free Agent Pool as you go along. ...You grabbing 2 RB's early was smart because THOSE GUYS you can't find in Free Agency much.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Are Your Mock Draft Practices Going ??? - kevin - 07-21-2017, 12:43 PM