Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BENGALS BLOCKING
(07-17-2017, 06:52 PM)kevin Wrote: 2 interesting names mentioned in this. Clady and Mangold.  Then we have Mike Brown who refused to pay Zeitler and Whitworth .  Could this team use a Clady or Mangold to help get to Super Bowl, Yes....Will Mike Brown change his mind on what he is willing to pay O Lineman, probably not. ...I'll mention another name and I don't know if he is any good,  KENT PERKINS.  Yes, he is an undrafted free agent, but so was Burfict.  Perkins was a 4 year starter for Texas Longhorns and from what I have read he can play Tackle but also other O Line positions. This is a guy worth taking a look at in Preseason camp and games. I wouldn't be so cemented in on the 5 they have in mind, since little is known about the 5 they have in mind.  They need to take a good hard look at the 3 Centers, 6 Guards and 5 Tackles.  All 14 need to be looked at and MAY THE BEST MAN WIN....and if they can't find 5 quality starters in these 14 players, then they need to bring in players like Clady and Mangold. ....Because this team has too much talent on Defense and Offensive finesse positions to have a losing season due to NO BLOCKING.  This isn't touch footy ball. To win in the NFL you have to have a top notch O Line. Every Super Bowl Winner has had a Top Notch O Line going back to the Lombardi Packers, The Jets blocking the tough Colts D, the Chiefs blocking the tough Vikings D.  The Colts blocking Dallas Doomesday, The Cowboys great O Line. The Dolphins great O Line. The Steelers great O line. The Raiders amazing O Line. The Redskin Hogs. The 49ers....on and on up to the great Patriots Blocking.  Now you only hear their names when they do something wrong on a penalty. I knew the Bill Parcells Giants were going all the way when I saw them blocking people 5 yards off the line of scrimmage every snap. The Bengals 2 Super Bowl Trips were in great part because of a Hall of Fame Tackle and many other great talents forming great Bengals O Lines. I believe Hall of Fame Packers legend Forrest Gregg had a hand in turning the Bengals into a Great O Line adding some Lombardi to Paul Brown. I remember Gregg coming in and saying Bengals are going to quit crying how tough Steelers are and Bengals are going to get even tougher. I still like that Lombardi attitude he brought in.

So all 14 O Linemen in camp need a good hard look with Whitworth and Zeitler gone.  It could be Kent Perkins is good. We won't know if we don't take a good look at him. I think a 4 year starter at Texas Longhorns is worth a look see in camp....but I like the names people mentioned of Clady and Mangold. There may be others out there. There will be blockers teams will cut in Preseason. We have got good players in the past this way. Heck, Bengals in 1980's brought in a Canadian Football guy who helped block us to The Super Bowl. ...Whatever it takes TO BLOCK, because we have enough Super Bowl talent on Defense and at the offense finesse positions.  ..They should NOT just hand starting jobs to the 5 they are counting on.  Let all 14 compete and push those sleds up the hill and play in practice and preseason games and if needed, bring in outside help.  Mike Brown has to learn what his dad Paul Brown knew at Ohio State, Cleveland and Cincinnati. Paul Brown was famous for GREAT OFFENSIVE LINES. ...They are who win play-off games, the unsung stars of the blocking trenches. ...Besides the 5 everybody mentions we have 9 other O Linemen in Camp. I guarantee you Forrest Gregg would take a good look at a guy that was a 4 year starter for Texas.  I know we think the only football is Ohio State or SEC, but you don't start 4 years for Texas without having some talent.  We just might have some Blockers in these 9 that nobody is even talking about.   Have a GOOD, HARD, TOUGH CAMP, and I MEAN HARD, and MAY THE BEST MAN WIN so we can match up with the toughest Defenses in the NFL.

If we had never given undrafted players a chance, we would have never discovered Burfict.....The draft is NOT an exact science....You have the guys in Round One and even they are a crap shoot. ...But the difference between mid and late round picks and undrafted players isn't much.  The draft use to go a lot more rounds than 7.  Paul Brown got some of Bengals best players in rounds after round 7.  You can look it up. ....It could just be that some of these 14 can Block, and so take a good look at all 14.  If these 14 aren't enough, yes, bring in Mangold or Clady or somebody who can BLOCK. One hard summer of pushing those sleds with a Lombardi Type standing on it yelling at them.  Lets find some BLOCKERS. Lets get TOUGHER THAN THE STEELERS, as Forrest Gregg preached. You just can't beat great defenses with trick gadget plays, they are too good for that garbage.  Throw out that split O Line Hue Jackson garbage that never works. Go back to a 5 man O line  all together working as a team in POWER BLOCKING.  There is no time for the rinky dink, Mickey Mouse, wicky wacky split O Line...If you do the Bengals Hurry Up Offense now and then, you will catch the D off guard on the snap and that works better than the split O Line anyway.  You don't need a split line to hit those quick 3 yard sidelines dinks, in fact, the split O line gives the play away to the D. ...Bengals have enough to do the next 6 weeks just finding guys that can Block. There is no time to run the split line garbage....PROTECT THE SUPER STAR as in Longest Yard Movie, which is Dalton...OPEN RUNNING LANES....PASS BLOCK to let DALTON hit all these TARGETS.... Do THAT and throw out the split line garbage. That junk wasn't why we went to 5 straight play-offs. We didn't even run it in 4 of those 5 years.  If they want to add anything, add more Hurry Up and catch Defenses with the wrong players on the field as we quickly attack with all these pass targets. That is much better than this slow developing split line going back and forth garbage, sometimes causing delay of game.

I quit reading after you said MB refused to pay Whitt and Zeitler. He chose not o pay them because he would have been over paying them by 25% which is just bad business.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
BENGALS BLOCKING - kevin - 07-17-2017, 08:56 AM
RE: BENGALS BLOCKING - SHRacerX - 07-17-2017, 11:03 AM
RE: BENGALS BLOCKING - Sled21 - 07-17-2017, 12:38 PM
RE: BENGALS BLOCKING - TheLeonardLeap - 07-17-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: BENGALS BLOCKING - THE PISTONS - 07-17-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: BENGALS BLOCKING - OrangeLacroix - 07-17-2017, 01:30 PM
RE: BENGALS BLOCKING - ochocincos - 07-17-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: BENGALS BLOCKING - SHRacerX - 07-18-2017, 08:21 AM
RE: BENGALS BLOCKING - ochocincos - 07-17-2017, 01:30 PM
RE: BENGALS BLOCKING - Whatever - 07-17-2017, 03:24 PM