Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It OK For Civilians To Say "Hoorah"?
I think it's actually "oorah" but I'm not positive.

Anyways, one night, I'm out at my regular bar, and I'm just hanging out and socializing like normal.

This guy comes up and he's just a complete jacked-up bad-ass. Dude looked like he could have killed anyone. We get to talking and he's asking me why I'm in a wheelchair, can't talk, etc. (we talked about other things first and he asked permission if he could ask what happened, it wasn't rude or anything), and I'm just asking about him because I think soldiers are absolute bad-asses.

He starts complimenting me, was all into me (seemed a bit reserved and almost scarred, though, which is understandable), and just seemed to hang on my every word. I'm trying to find out more about him, telling him that it's bad-ass of him to serve, and how I'm allowed to be the way I am because he signed up to keep me safe.

Afterwards, I realized that maybe the reason he was so into me is because he saw in me what he signed up to fight for, to protect the little guy (I realize he's protecting everyone and that's why he signed up, but maybe seeing me out and enjoying life kind of made what he does be real.

Anyways, all that is for this question: at the end of the night, he's still complimenting me and I'm trying to do it back times ten, and he said something to me and I was at a loss for words, so I just said "hoorah," which he said back to me, but am I allowed to say that? I don't think he thought I was being disrespectful or anything, but is that something that's like sacred to the armed forces? I've never said it at any other time other than that and, like I said, he said it back and didn't seem mad, but I don't want him or anyone else thinking that I think that I'm anywhere near on the same level as a soldier.

Given the context that I said it, was it ok? Anyone know?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Is It OK For Civilians To Say "Hoorah"? - BFritz21 - 07-27-2015, 05:44 PM