Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Mock
I'm doing a bunch of mocks and trying to switch-up where I pick so I'm ready for anything when I draft.

I was in the 7 slot this draft.

I picked as if it was my league format of:
-QB
-RB
-RB
-WR
-WR
-TE
-FLEX
-K
-D

(1)  Melvin Gordon RB LAC- he was a top ten back last year despite only playing in thirteen games and having a game where he only got three carries.  His line was also pretty bad last season, due a lot to injury, but they should be healthier and the Rams also picked up two guards in the draft.  I'm very happy with the value that I came away with in this pick.  

(2)  Jordan Howard RB Chi- Not many people start off drafts going with back-to-back RBs anymore because of how the league has developed into more of a passing league, but I couldn't pass up the value here.  Howard didn't become the starter until midway through the week 4 game last season, and still managed to put up 1,313 yards and 6 TDs.  He also caught 29 passes with one TD.  I think this pick could pay dividends.  

(3)  Brandin Cooks WR NE- he's not as good as Randy Moss, but he's fast, and we saw how Brady loved to go deep to Moss, so I feel like Cooks' big play value makes him a good pick here, and not to mention that Brady likes to spread the ball around.

(4)  Travis Kelce TE KC- I think Kelce's value would be higher if Mahones was QB, but it will likely be Alex Smith.  That might not be bad, though, because an aging QB's best friend is a reliable TE because it's a safety net and most aging QBs don't like to sling it all over the place.  He's the second-ranked TE on my board, so I was happy to get him here.

(5)  Michael Crabtree WR OAK- I still like Cooper more and think he's in for a huge year, but Crabtree should benefit from Cooper drawing coverage and Carr earning his huge paycheck.

(6)  Larry Fitzgerald WR ARI- he's aging but I think he still has enough left to put up a solid year.  The problem is that Palmer seemed to start to struggle last year.  This could be a good pick or a really bad one.  Not happy with myself.

(7)  Derek Carr QB OAK- I think he's a steal this late and I think he earns that big paycheck.  I also think Lynch will help keep defenses more honest.

(8)  CJ Prosise RB SEA- was injured most of last season, and he's behind Lacy, but I think he's going to get more work than people think and he's a big play threat.

(9)  Randall Cobb WR GB- he wasn't healthy last year so didn't put up good numbers, but had a good showing in the playoffs, and Rodgers is his QB, so I think I got great value here.

(10)  DeSean Jackson WR TB- Winston has a strong arm and I think Jackson benefits greatly from that.  I feel like it was a steal to get him this late.

(11)  Tyrell Williams WR LAC- he's talented, but there might not be enough passes to go his way with Allen and Williams on the roster, and not to mention that I already have Gordon.  Was a panic pick because time was running out, but I'm not happy with myself.

(12)  John Ross- with AJ drawing double-coverage, I feel like Ross can exploit defenses and catch a lot of passes, and not to mention that his speed will allow him to slip deep and catch a few bombs.  Sites say Ross is limited because Andy doesn't have a big arm, but that's just them hating on Dalton and not ignoring that he's had a nice long ball since working with Tom House.

(13)  Steelers D- I hate them with a passion, but it's not personal, it's strictly business.

(14)  Matt Bryan K ATL- kickers aren't real people, but Atlanta's offense provides a lot of scoring opportunities.

(15)  Dalton- if the line can hold up, it's a great pick to get him this late and could play him in some matchups.  

I wish I would have taken a back earlier over Fitz and still maybe even taken Prosise, and I regret the Tyrell Williams pick, but I don't think I did too bad.  

I attached a pic so you could see who was available and let me know what you would have done differently.

Thoughts?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
New Mock - BFritz21 - 07-22-2017, 09:27 PM
RE: New Mock - HarleyDog - 07-23-2017, 11:01 AM
RE: New Mock - guyofthetiger - 07-23-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: New Mock - HarleyDog - 07-23-2017, 11:56 AM
RE: New Mock - BFritz21 - 07-23-2017, 12:56 PM
RE: New Mock - Tiger Teeth - 07-23-2017, 06:10 PM
RE: New Mock - BFritz21 - 07-23-2017, 07:34 PM
RE: New Mock - Tiger Teeth - 07-23-2017, 08:30 PM