Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Hawkins Thanks Bengals Fans
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/07/25/andrew-hawkins-thanks-bengals-fans/509580001/

Dear Cincinnati,

Much like every other Cincinnati Bengals fan, I can remember praying and hoping for the days of Bengals’ playoff games. As a middle schooler with an older brother who started at cornerback for the team, I can remember giving myself pep talks throughout the week. I would urge myself to be mindful of my behavior at home and in school in hopes that God would reward our team on enough Sundays to see that Hawkins (Artrell) jersey dawn the field of a Bengals playoffs game. As the years went by and my hope wavered, I came to what I thought was the realization that my prayer went unanswered. Up until Saturday Jan 7, 2012, I had completely forgotten about the entire notion. On that day the Cincinnati Bengals traveled to Houston to take on the Texans in the first round of the NFL playoffs and I remember stepping on the field, as tears streamed down my face, realizing that God decided way back then that it would be me wearing the Hawkins jersey that graced a Bengals’ playoff game.

Today, my football career comes to an end. Although my name may be but a blip in the History of WhoDey, I am still in awe that my dream came true. Special thank you to Mike and Nancy Brown who have always treated my family as their own. Thank you to Katie and Troy Blackburn, Paul Brown, Duke Tobin and Marvin Lewis for believing in me from the start and giving this little Bengals fan the opportunity to represent his childhood team. I count it as an incredible honor to be a football descendant of the Godfather of football himself, Mr. Paul Brown. Thank you to my coaches and teammates who I was blessed to battle alongside and share some incredible times and memories (Aj Green and Andy Dalton once called me the best basketball player they’d ever witnessed.)

Lastly, I want to personally thank the Cincinnati media members and ALL of the Cincinnati Bengals fans for treating me like a NATIve son of the city and supporting me through thick and thin. Cincinnati will forever be home and I will be a Bengal until the day I’m gone. THANK YOU CINCINNATI, the pleasure was all mine.

– Baby Hawk

(Andrew Hawkins)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Andrew Hawkins Thanks Bengals Fans - kdgjr - 07-25-2017, 04:05 PM