Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Banner" Year
(07-26-2017, 10:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well, it's already a banner year because he gave season ticket holders a banner in the mail. There we go.

I read where he wants to win more than anybody, but we've lost some players because they disagree. Maybe he's turned a leaf? Maybe a SB is now part of his bucket list and the price to get there will not be as important as the goal itself. Maybe his thrive to get there will catapult this organization into 6 SB championships in the next 15yrs and carry on a tremendous amount of pride that no future owner or GM can ever think or fathom about restraining. I'm trying to stay positive, but since 1991 when he took the stage, fans have been put on the back seat, as well as players. Sitting in the front seat was money and all things revolved around the main goal of retaining it.

Money in his eyes seemed to me his main motivator. However, there's money in winning also. I don't think he realized that as a savvy business man. Why? He's not a risk taker. Sure, he has invested in high risk players but only because they came at a good price. Getting a good price at the point of sale is a guarantee. So, we shall see if he has turned the corner and his goal is winning the SB. I truly hope so, but have to reveal why I'm skeptical. Our roster says he is. Our OL says, he trusts ML and the staff to deliver (wont go there). So, here's to a friggin banner season for all, not delivered via U.S. Mail!

What does that mean?  We lost Whit because he turns 36 during the season and he wanted a three year deal?  And $12 million per year for Zeitler was incredibly stupid.  That was a blatant "eat cap space with a fairly young guy" deal.  There were draft picks that would have significantly outperformed Zeitler for a fraction of the cost.  

And it is easy to talk about him spending more of his cash because his dad made an incredible investment of $20,000 or some that is now worth a billion, but we are asking him to spend his liquid cash on things like an indoor practice facility.  He at least has access to one...The bottom line is that he spend VERY fairly on his players that earn it, and he (unlike virtually every other owner in the NFL) honors their contracts.  It is also very commonly dismissed that he has had one of the highest paid coaching staffs in the league.  He was paying Gruden, Zimmer, and Marv good money to stay on as coaches...even raised Gruden's salary when he was still under contract because he felt he had earned it.  

I love you, man.  Your posts have made me spit so much coffee at the screen that it has a permanent browning tint.  You are the Jedi master of GIFs, but this "Mike Brown doesn't want to win and is cheap" crap just isn't accurate.  Besides, it is mostly Katie, Troy, and Marv running the team.  I just think the guy deserves SOME credit for putting together this roster, for finally reaching in to some of the rich history of this team, and for caring about his players as people and not just a bunch of assets that are only here to make him money.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
"Banner" Year - SHRacerX - 07-26-2017, 09:12 AM
RE: "Banner" Year - Hoofhearted - 07-26-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: "Banner" Year - grampahol - 07-26-2017, 09:37 AM
RE: "Banner" Year - Hoofhearted - 07-26-2017, 02:00 PM
RE: "Banner" Year - Hoofhearted - 07-26-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: "Banner" Year - Hoofhearted - 07-26-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: "Banner" Year - sandwedge - 07-26-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: "Banner" Year - XenoMorph - 07-26-2017, 05:58 PM
RE: "Banner" Year - Go Cards - 07-26-2017, 12:48 PM