Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New NFL Rules BENGALS FANS Need To Know
(08-29-2017, 01:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Great point. I actually was thinking that, when does a RB who chips on the play become a receiver? I think that is why the 5 yd rule is important. Clearly the FB was in that box not beyond 5 yds. Should he have knocked the snot out of the guy, I don't know that answer. I didn't see Smith pump fake as have said. 

The answer is actually yes he should have knocked him out.

And here is why:

1) As stated in other threads, it starts in pop warner. When you run a route across the middle you are told to keep your head on a swivel. LBers are taught to knock you off your route and on your ass. That's football, always has been.

2) The "It's preseason" and "It was unneeded" lines are just foolish. Pre-season is still taped and still watched by other teams that scout the Bengals in up coming weeks. Guess what ever TE, WR and RB going out on a route across the middle will be thinking about when trying to catch a ball. Where the hell is 55? That hit, puts it out there and puts every other team on notice. Come across the middle, and pay for it. That...once again...is football.

3) If Burfict doesn't make a hit, let's the guy dance around free and the pass is checked down to him, it's a free 4 or 5 yards and a soft spot that every team will exploit. I want that fear in opponents, I want Gronk and Bell and any other guy that we play that is going to run a crossing route to be looking for 55 just as much as they look for the ball.

The hit was legal, and the hit was needed. The league needs to just **** off with this hatred of an enforcer on a team they don't like. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: New NFL Rules BENGALS FANS Need To Know - Murdock2420 - 08-29-2017, 08:21 PM