Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CTE Solution To Prevent The End Of The NFL?
(08-11-2017, 11:24 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's not just opinion, it is actually physics. The inside of the brain can not be padded so your analogy doesn't work. The safety glass you're referring to would be the skull and we can't change it. As I pointed out the foam caps you refer to is actually more like the crumble zone that is built into cars now, it can decelerate the vehicle but not the person inside if they aren't secured. The issue is the brain in the skull floats in fluid and it will keep going much like the person not wearing a seat belt.

We just seem to be talking about two different things.  You explain what happens in a concussion, which I already know, and I am trying to say that softening the blow, even by a little, could make an impact.  Have you ever seen those giant inflatable balls that kids wear and run in to each other?  Those kids reverse direction quickly as well, but the balls ease the impact.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: CTE Solution To Prevent The End Of The NFL? - SHRacerX - 08-11-2017, 06:35 PM