Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Wright - Released - Burfict to PuP - a few other moves
(07-29-2015, 11:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yes, I did want to draft a Top WR.  Marvin Jones is coming off TWO serious injuries.  So is Eifert.  If both are healthy and play the entire season, AWESOME!  Said rookie could be developed over the course of the season.  If Eifert went down, and you are left with two rookie TEs, I would think you would see a lot more 3 WR sets, where said rookie could be an impact.  Devin Smith routinely torched people when all they really had to do was not let him get behind them.  I sure as hell think he could have been a bigger impact than a OT that isn't likely to play the entire season. 

Decent or better WRs have been coming out of the draft more NFL ready than ever at a fairly rapid rate. I don't know if you can say the same about OTs.

I wasn't the biggest fan of taking a guy that may not take a snap with our #1 pick and then another OT with the next pick when the draft happened, but it definitely made some amount of sense. When you have Andre Smith with a contract running out this year and Whitworth not getting any younger, now is the time to start developing some top rated linemen.

Whenever they NEED another weapon for the offense, they can take one in the first 3 rounds and have a good chance of hitting at least an okay contributor. Andy has A.J., Jones, Sanu, Moore, Eifert, Kroft, Bernard, and Hill on offense. There's no way an NFL team stacks up high round WRs just because one of their guys may happen to have a freak accident again. With your logic, we should have looked at a QB in the first round, because hey, Andy could fall down a flight of stairs tomorrow and be out for the year! Jones and Eifert aren't "injury prone" guys with the same issues coming up over and over. Both of them suffered injuries from completely random incidents.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: James Wright - Released - Burfict to PuP - a few other moves - djs7685 - 07-29-2015, 11:10 AM