Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Wright - Released - Burfict to PuP - a few other moves
(07-29-2015, 04:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Please elaborate on the "high round WRs" the Bengals would be stacking upon. 

And Dalton has a capable backup that the Bengals like in McCarron. 

If you read my post, I wasn't saying they shouldn't have taken a tackle, but taking two when you had a glaring need that could help create synergy for the entire offense and you make both selections that will be assuredly backups at best this season didn't make any sense. 

If you watched last season and didn't grasp that nearly ALL of the Bengal's WRs have difficulty generating separation against quality CBs, then that is a you problem.   The roster was bolstered with a FA WR that hasn't done a thing in years and a seventh round selection. 

Again, sliding to the top of round 2 could have possibly yielded a second 2nd round selection as well, allowing the Bengals to get the WR, the OT, and another BPA instead of two OTs that will likely not see much action this season. 

If you don't understand that Sanu isn't going to be covered by top CBs and guys like Brandon Tate, Greg Little, and Cobi Hamilton won't even see the field next year, then that's a "you" problem.

Again, the injuries were caused by freak accidents and could happen at ANY position. You can't draft guys highly at every single position just because injury may occur.

WR wasn't close to being a "glaring need" in this past draft no matter how many times you and 1 other person claim that it was. You also ignored how we have 2 tackles potentially leaving next year and that's a position you want to be prepared to replace, where a WR in next years draft can come in and immediately contribute. Not to mention we will still have AJ, Eifert, a second year Kroft, Bernard, Hill, and I'm sure they'll re-sign at least 1 of Sanu or Jones. Taking 2 of the top T in the entire draft was an excellent move by the Bengals to prepare for next season. At first I didn't like it either but it just makes more and more sense if you think about it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: James Wright - Released - Burfict to PuP - a few other moves - djs7685 - 07-29-2015, 08:32 PM