Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The O Line looked OK Preseason Game One
As Anthony Munoz, and Bob Johnson mentioned, and they should know something about O Line. They said it is early, too early to tell, certainly the major area of team needing to improve, but in Preseason Game One they did OK.. Quarterbacks and Running Backs didn't get exploded on the snap of the ball. There were running lanes. There were passing lanes. There was pass protection. No blocked kicks that I remember, Not even a lot of Offensive Line penalties of illegal formation or moving before the snap that you would expect to see in Preseason Game One. Things got sloppy in the 4th quarter. but that's to be expected. Many of those 4th quarter guys in Preseason One won't make the team as usual.

Now, lets see them follow up with an OK game against a tough Kansas City Chiefs Defense. With all the threads knocking the O Line, and I've done my share this off season, we do have to give them credit for looking OK against Tampa Bay. As Munoz and others said, it's too early to tell, but lets give the O Line credit so far. I did not see QBs and RB's getting their rear ends handed to them as I expected. Oh, in the 4th quarter they did, but you expect that in 4th quarter of preseason with the scrubs in.

Also mentioned in game by Munoz and announcers is keys to winning are AJ Green being healthy. We can include Dalton and Eifert. Without them, the team will struggle. With them, the team will look like the team that started 8-0 just 24 months ago. IF the O Line can block like it did against Tampa, that will be good enough for Dalton to get the ball to Green and Eifert with LaFell, Boyd, Core, Ross, Malone, Hill, Bernard, Mixon, Carson in the mix.....IF the O Line can just give enough time for Dalton to run the plays, The Bengals become a Power House.

Compared to preseason games I have seen O Line let Ki Jana Carter get blown up or Carson Palmer get his nose broke and blown up, The Bengals O Line the other night didn't let anybody get blown up like that. I have seen worse Bengals O Lines in preseason. I'm hoping they continue to not let our QB get blown up, which is the # 1 job of any team, as in The Longest Yard Movie, " Protect The Super Star ".
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The O Line looked OK Preseason Game One - kevin - 08-14-2017, 12:30 PM