Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Driskel Allow A McCarron Trade?
(08-15-2017, 07:52 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Driskel showed to be serviceable during a preseason game. He did a ton of play action and dump offs, but stay poised. He improved a lot from last year and deserves a ton of credit for that.

I've always believed that the Bengals should have traded McCarron when they had the chance. The Jaguars offered the Bengals their 2nd round pick this year for McCarron (according to a source) and the Bengals turned it down because they were set in stone on getting a 1st rounder for him.

To help understand why that makes me so mad, the Bengals would have had 3 draft picks in the top 41 picks. Who did the Jaguars take with their 2nd round pick? Cam Robinson.

Could you imagine how much better MANY of us would feel if the Bengals drafted Robinson or even Forrest Lamp (who was taken a few picks after).

McCarron is a backup QB and I understand people like his "leadership ability".....whatever that means. But having a competent line with this kind of offense would have set the Bengals up for HUGE success. A solid line with Green, Ross, Eifert, and Mixon on the field at once? How do you stop that?

Exactly, and I feel kind of bad for McCarron and believe he has earned an opportunity to start somewhere.  I think we missed the boat last year with Minnesota and again this year with Miami...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Driskel Allow A McCarron Trade? - SHRacerX - 08-16-2017, 08:02 AM