Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton & O-Line Struggle Today
(08-16-2017, 02:18 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: According to this article from the USAToday, Dalton struggled in practice today, throwing two pick sixes and being sacked five times in two plays.  The pick sixes were by Dre and Burfict.

It notes that all three of the quarterbacks were under pressure all day and that the defense was working on blitz packages, which the line might just need to become more of a unit with new pieces.  In that respect, the article does mention that the line should improve as August goes on, but also notes that our (my) fears of the line causing our season to fail could be even worse than anticipated.

It also notes that defensive backs were the ones applying pressure on blitzes, Geno was being his normal self and collapsing the pocket, and Willis got two because he's freakishly fast, so it could be just that our defense is really good and that our line is bound to improve with more work together, but it still scares the shit out of me.

Here's the full article so you don't have to go another page:

I pray to God that the line can improve, or we need to make some trades and/or FA signings fast (which isn't likely).
This seems to be a mixed bag. Our OL worries seem to be warranted. If they can't pass protect in obvious passing situations, it will be a long year. On the other hand, I have always hoped for a dominant defense like the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens, maybe we have it. On the OL front, it does not say who got beat, but I am hopeful our front office is considering upgrading with someone to battle with Ced or back up our 2 tackles. This OL has to be good at a minimum for us to win consistently.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Dalton & O-Line Struggle Today - BFritz21 - 08-16-2017, 02:18 AM
RE: Dalton Struggles Today - Sabretooth - 08-16-2017, 02:30 AM
RE: Dalton & O-Line Struggle Today - TKUHL - 08-16-2017, 04:22 AM
RE: Dalton & O-Line Struggle Today - Luvnit2 - 08-16-2017, 08:46 AM
RE: Dalton & O-Line Struggle Today - McC - 08-16-2017, 06:48 PM