Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread***
(08-27-2017, 08:35 PM)BoBengal Wrote: It's not worth putting a KICKER on the practice squad.  No one is going to pick up an unproven rookie kicker (that made 75% of field goals thus far?), especially if he gets beat out in preseason.  That said, I bet he does get another chance to compete next year in camp with us or with another team.  Didn't Aguayo just get cut in Tampa, also?  I wonder how he's doing now that he signed with a new squad.

Whichever guy we keep, I hope they make EVERY kick they attempt.  And, wish the other nothing but success.  

It's worth it because kickers aren't as static as you seem to think they are. Injuries, bad play...there will be turnover this year just like every year. If he's cut outright, he's free to sign anywhere he's needed. If he's plucked off the Bengals PS, he has to go on someone's roster. The Bengals invested a draft pick for him so there's a pretty good chance they want to keep him in the bank, in case he's needed in a pinch. 

Unless you like signing another retread that probably won't work out for the long run. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 08-28-2017, 01:37 AM