Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vontaze Burfict suspension: Here's the hit and why it's illegal under new NFL rule
(08-28-2017, 10:07 PM)Vambo Wrote: Sherman clearly meets the qualifications as someone who is running a pass route and Burfict pretty clearly approaches him from the side. Smith has already released the ball and Burfict (top right) isn't thinking about anything other than putting Sherman in the ground. ThumbsUp

The whole "approach" argument is fundamentally flawed.

Burfict came at Sherman at an angle yes but how was he supposed to come at him? Is he to run in an L? Run forward until he's he's exactly in front of Sherman then run in a straight line forward to hit him in the chest?

Now tell me this by this argument if a receiver is to run a short stick and turn his back completely do the defense according to this rule a defender cannot run toward said receiver. He would have to run around to the front and hit him.

This rule will competely eliminate bang bang plays.

Edit: Also keep in mind the angle at which Burfict came at Sherman is not why he's being suspended. He's being suspended for unnecessary roughness of which there are 3 variables. Launching, leading eith the crown of the helmet, and hitting a player in the neck or head area. None of which happened on that play.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vontaze Burfict suspension: Here's the hit and why it's illegal under new NFL rule - Synric - 08-28-2017, 11:50 PM