Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grueling truth about our offense
(09-15-2017, 01:37 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Nope, this is complete bullshit.  Every QB has to face diversity now and then.  Dalton cannot overcome the very obstacles that separate average QBs from good/great QBs.  You shouldn't have to surround your NFL QB with 1st round picks in order for them to do their job.  Andy has had plenty of stinkers when we had Whitworth and Zeitler, Gruden or Hue.  People act like he was such a great QB the last couple years when in fact any NFL QB could have came in and did what he did with the talent we have on this team.  

I will give you that our line isn't the best it's been in his career and I'm not a big fan of Zampese but neither of these excuse Dalton from his poor long ball his entire career, or his inability to read  a defense.  He always had issues with batted balls.  He's had issues locking onto receivers going back to his college playing days...go read scouting reports.  In all of his time here he's never ever carried this team on his back.  The one time he got hurt his backup came in won a couple games, took the eventual Super Bowl Champs to overtime, and gave us the closest to a playoff victory in over two decades against our heated rivals.  

This organization has always been plagued with not knowing when to cut the weak link.  From failing kickers to TEs(Coates) who can't catch, offensive lineman who can't block(Roland).  Look at the most successful franchise over the last decade and ask if this is how they run their program.

I knew it! It's because he has Red hair!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Grueling truth about our offense - THE PISTONS - 09-15-2017, 01:50 PM