Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The loss leader of the league
First off I joke about this quite often, but the more I see and think about it I've become convinced that since the league can legally script the outcomes of games and there are literally billions of dollars on the line the Cincinnati Bengals is a league loss leader by design and as such we'll never see a championship in Cincinnati because of it.
We can debate coaching smarts all day, but can anyone make a credible argument that Pittsburgh's head coach, Mike Tomlin is actually smarter than a broken pencil minus the eraser? I kind of doubt it. 
Andy has played pretty good up until just recently and out of the blue he suddenly can't toss the ball from the beach into the water from the shore line. Something isn't quite white in the rice here and we're to believe that two first round draft picks are somehow responsible for the whole mess? 
Unless the entire offensive coaching staff secretly had one big collective stroke in the off season and Mike Tomlin suddenly became smart overnight something just isn't adding up. 
Of course there's no proof other than what we see each and every game, year after year, but go to your local grocery store and try to figure out how suddenly milk can cost just a dollar one day and $3.50 a few days later..It's called a loss leader to get you into the door to buy more expensive items and it works. 
It works in football as well.
Aaron Rogers was seen as the best QB EVER by many and suddenly as if by magic he's an interception machine. Really? 
Two old guys who, if they had to actually compete with a bunch of 250 pound 24 year old men are able to go on to win championships at 40+? I don't know about the rest of you, but I've seen 40 come and go and can assure you that you just don't suddenly get to your prime physical shape at 40 without divine intervention and if there really is a god I kind of doubt he's rooting for Pittsburgh and New England and tossing Green Bay under the bus. 
Look, I want to think that the Bengals are just doing poorly because of the Oline, coaching and Andy suddenly without a reason in the world became horrible, but those issues existed before he became terrible. I want to believe that this team can win it all, but........
I believe that the Brown family is financially rewarded by having the loss leader of the league and I can't say that I can blame them. After all, if someone offered to make you a billionaire to suck would you take them up on the offer as opposed to barely scraping by and winning championships? How can any team never win a playoff game and still be able to pay out multiple million dollar salaries year after year after year?  You don't just become financially successful by being the worse team in the league and stupid to boot by accident. That would be like winning the big lotto drawing every year by digging in dumpsters for discarded tickets.. If they were anywhere even remotely as stupid as they appear to be there's no way in hell they wouldn't be all living in homeless shelters instead of mansions. It's quite literally impossible to be that stupid and still make billions of dollars without a little help from the league.. hint hint..nudge nudge wink wink.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The loss leader of the league - grampahol - 09-18-2017, 01:47 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - BMK - 09-18-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - McC - 09-19-2017, 12:48 AM
RE: The loss leader of the league - McC - 09-18-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - TKUHL - 09-18-2017, 07:30 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - McC - 09-19-2017, 08:44 AM
RE: The loss leader of the league - TKUHL - 09-18-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - McC - 09-19-2017, 03:10 PM
RE: The loss leader of the league - McC - 09-19-2017, 03:25 PM