Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End the rb trio committee for Mixon
(10-07-2017, 03:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Exactly!  Get him in some vertical situations WITH the screens as well.

Don't abandon one for the other...  but at least introduce it into the offense.

There is no reason that Gio couldn't take on a Baby Hawk style role and be effective.

The guy can get nicked up doing a simple hand-off. 

You just can't sit him too much because of injury fears.

Make him a fractional focus of a defense, even if he's just a decoy.

Time and time again you'll hear the analysts say he's the kind of player who can explode.

Hopefully this team realizes that Gio can garner more attention from the opposing D than some of those other WRs not named Green.

Running and vertical threat.

I just wish the O-line was capable enough to let Gio be an outlet receiver in a comeback route or beyond the middle of the LOS.

That's where I think he could create some damage honestly.

I agree with getting Gio the ball in space more. However, Gio is really not much of a between the tackles threat, particularly with this OL.

Look at the Buffalo game where Mixon got the bulk of the carries (15) with just over 3 ypc, Hill had only 4 carries and had 4 ypc. Gio had 2 carries for 2 yards total (1 ypc). We just aren't running it enough and I presume that's because run blocking is weak.

In receiving Gio had 2 receptions for 30 yards. Much better production with the same touches.

Personally I'd like to see him play out in the slot some to pressure Boyd and whoever else we are putting out there. Today was the AJ Green show on the receiving side of the ball 7 catches for 189 and a TD. Boyd 2 catches for 6 yards and LaFell had 5 catches for 32 yards.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: End the rb trio committee for Mixon - BengalChris - 10-08-2017, 05:29 PM