Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ross hurt again; Eifert sidelined
(09-23-2017, 10:30 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Is anybody really surprised? If you are where have you been?

I'm not surprised at all. Ross came in injured and has an injury history. Our front office tries to prove itself right by making same mistake again and with that remark I'm referring to the Ogbuehi pick.

(09-23-2017, 12:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No, they can't wait.

People want the whole team to burn. Some deserve the criticism (Mike, Marv, Paul A, Eifert, etc etc) and some don't. 

Besides, a lot of people hated the Ross pick because they wanted someone else, and they want their offseason of whining to be justified.

I kind of have to agree. There is plenty to criticize on a team that starts out as flat as the Bengals have. Ross, as player isn't the one to criticize though. He didn't select himself with a top 10 pick, the front office and coaches did.

I think many people didn't like the Ross pick simply because it was a risky pick and with a top 10 selection you really gotta go with the best player available and many just didn't see Ross as that guy. I sure didn't. I would have been happier with any number of top defensive players who were available.

I know the team was able to grab some good defensive talent later in the draft and, if they hadn't been able to do that I assure you that more people would be unhappy with the Ross selection.

But the draft is done and it's way, way too early to call him a wasted pick.

If Eifert can't stay healthy we can count on Mike Brown giving him a low ball offer or no offer at all come the off season. Either way he's likely gone after this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Ross hurt again; Eifert sidelined - BengalChris - 09-23-2017, 08:52 PM