Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to deal with a one upper?
I have worked at a company for nearly 9 years now. I do software development and we hired a guy about a year ago to do PC support. That guy has recently switched over to the dev world and has been doing it for about 3 months now.

To put it short, he is driving me insane. He is constantly trying to one up. He schedules meetings, sets up webinars, and basically tries to act like hes smarter/above everyone else. Almost like he runs the department.

For example yesterday he sent an email out trying to get people to go to this user group in Clifton. He was the only one that ended up going and this morning he sent notes out about it to everyone that couldn't make it. Its almost like he did it just to let everyone know that he attended and that he was better than us all.

I just walked over to ask my co worker a question that this guy has NO IDEA about and he tried to answer the question even though he is completely ignorant to what it was about. He got the question wrong, of course.

This guy is just driving me insane. Its like hes trying to compete with me and out do me in everything. How do you go about dealing with someone like this? I try to ignore it the best that I can but it just eats at you.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
How to deal with a one upper? - WeezyBengal - 09-22-2017, 11:42 AM
RE: How to deal with a one upper? - CKwi88 - 09-22-2017, 12:00 PM
RE: How to deal with a one upper? - treee - 09-22-2017, 02:33 PM