Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to deal with a one upper?
(09-22-2017, 12:00 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I had a guy like that in my last job. We both got promoted to the same position (academic coordinators of an ESL school) and he was a real try hard. He would get up in meetings and talk about all the stuff he was doing, all these great ideas that he had. Would come to work in a suit and tie (this was not a suit-worthy job) and it seemed like the promotion went to his head.

I obviously don't know the ins and outs of your job and office, but in my case all I really could do was ignore it. His work didn't affect mine at all (we worked at different branches of the same school) and I decided to just let my work speak for itself and take care of the school I was working at and the team that I had. Most people see through these types anyways.

Now if his work has a direct affect on yours that might be a different story. I hear ex lax in the coffee is a good way to go.

Lol we work together in the same department. We both do kind of the same thing, but have our own projects we work on. We are in a ton of meetings together and he has (shockingly) tried to take over as a project lead type of guy even though he has just started working on this stuff for less than 3 months now. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to deal with a one upper? - CKwi88 - 09-22-2017, 12:00 PM
RE: How to deal with a one upper? - WeezyBengal - 09-22-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: How to deal with a one upper? - treee - 09-22-2017, 02:33 PM