Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketing to people with money
(08-02-2015, 05:46 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: This is pretty standard.  I haven't seen it in a while, but hotels used to charge $15 a night for internet.  I guess the budget/mid-tier hotels were the first to give.

I thought it was robbery.  And many times the hotel wifi is absurdly slow.  Thats why I tether with my unlimited data.

And I'd guess it's not about gouging rich people, but taking advantage of corporate travel expenses.  I've seen many policies that WON'T pay for hotel internet.  So when you start talking corporate, there's already often discounts negotiated.

But most corporate entities sending travelers count on them being able to work while there hence need internet and most are penny pinchers (granted they pinch harder on salaries than travel costs but still..) making charging for something others give away seem a sure fire way to lose business.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Marketing to people with money - xxlt - 08-01-2015, 09:12 PM
RE: Marketing to people with money - xxlt - 08-02-2015, 08:38 AM
RE: Marketing to people with money - xxlt - 08-02-2015, 08:42 AM
RE: Marketing to people with money - xxlt - 08-02-2015, 08:44 AM