Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Lights over Norway
(10-10-2017, 03:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well heres the thing ive wondered...  If you are looking at pictures of a star 24 million light years away lets say......           Is the image we are seeing 24 million years old?  as we can just now see that.   Does that only apply to stars with the naked eye?  or does the hubble and like telescopes turn back that time?

is it possible we have looked at an alien civ but didn't see it because we are looking at their past?

I don't think they can see anything either way.  Not that detailed.  They discover some planets because of slight warbles or something like that that reveals a gravitational pull so they know there's a planet.  Then they can figure out how big the planet is which is just mind boggling to me.  I haven't looked it up, but I don't know that we "see" any planets outside our solar system or if we do, not many.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Strange Lights over Norway - Shake n Blake - 10-08-2017, 08:05 PM
RE: Strange Lights over Norway - XenoMorph - 10-09-2017, 01:26 PM
RE: Strange Lights over Norway - XenoMorph - 10-10-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: Strange Lights over Norway - michaelsean - 10-11-2017, 10:21 AM
RE: Strange Lights over Norway - XenoMorph - 10-10-2017, 03:33 PM