Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is It Going To Take For You To Believe?
(08-04-2015, 01:21 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have to disagree with you here. Sort of. I honestly think the fanbase will be thrilled by a playoff win. The day that dreadful streak ends is going to easily be the greatest time I've had as a Bengals fan.

One thing the Bengals never done under Mike Brown is have any inkling of playoff success. If the Bengals win a playoff game this year, I'll be able to talk about a Super Bowl run in '16 without feeling like an idiot. So as far as being a fan goes, it's going to great.

As a poster on these boards though, it'll probably be more complicated. I'm sure plenty of folks will be saying "I told you so" to all the doubters. The only response "doubters" will have would be to bring up the 1-7 record, which will make it seem as if they're not happy about the playoff win.

Honestly, it's pretty sad that I can predict how it's going to go once we win a playoff game, but these boards are always divisive and predictable.

When it happens, for sure they'll be a huge relief that the wait is over, but then the next phase of desire begins. Just like no player just wants to win one playoff game, the fans don't want that either.

But we haven't won one in a quarter century, which makes it even more fascinating.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Is It Going To Take For You To Believe? - Stormborn - 08-04-2015, 11:45 AM