Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1st Step - Fire O-line Coach Paul Alexander just as they did Ken Zampese
(10-23-2017, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I disagree, firing PA midseason would be a great move, firing Marv midseason would be a bad one.

Boling said himself that PA does not coach up players midseason. What hurt could it do?

Let Marv ride the dying ship and move on. We can then hire a whole new coaching staff.

The last thing this team needs is to start once again from the inside.

(10-23-2017, 03:49 PM)depthchart Wrote: I lean toward taking Alexander out 1st for a few reasons.

1. The O-line melt down against the Steelers was the most glaring issue and Alexander is the Architect of that O-line.

2. If Alexander should slide under the Radar say after a Marvin firing right now only to have the next Head Coach saddled with Paul Alexander going forward then that New Coach may be in for trouble.

3. The O-line players themselves need some fresh eyes on their play and an O-line Coach that will want some New Personnel going forward.
A New Fire would be lit under O-line players to save their jobs instead of being Alexander's projects.

4. Marvin has won 2 of the last 3 games without Zampese and I let him have some more Rope to hang himself with so to speak. Fire him later in the season or let him finish this season out. Then make the Bigger Head Coaching change this offseason.

I get what you guys are saying, but the reality is, I don't think any other coach gets fired during the season except Marvin.

Also, firing PA sends mixed signals, IMO. People might read into the firing that Brown thinks Lewis is doing okay, but since the OL is a problem, bye-bye PA. It also gives Lewis a way to defend himself if he wants to stay after this year.

Don't get me wrong, if PA were fired mid-season and Lewis stays, I ain't gonna cry about it. I just think the next step should be to fire Lewis. Then after the season, fire ALL coaches and hire an all new coaching staff.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st Step - Fire O-line Coach Paul Alexander just as they did Ken Zampese - PhilHos - 10-24-2017, 03:13 PM