Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly, I am kind of disappointed that we won today
I know this isn't a very fan-like thing to say, but I think I would have preferred we lose today. The way this team played was so pathetic. They were unable to run on a team allowing over 120 yards per game on the ground, finding only 58 yards of rushing offense on 21 carries all day. And 26 of those yards were on a WR end around and a QB scramble. So for our actual running backs, they managed 34 yards on 17 carries, or 2 yards per carry.

And our overall offense was even more pathetic compared to the defense they were facing. Indianapolis' defense allows over 420 yards per game. This team managed to put together just 276 yards (67 of which were on one extreme effort play by Mixon).

Speaking of Mixon, he got 18 yards on 11 carries. Just...really let that sink in. That is how bad our offensive line (and/or our RBs) are at providing any kind of offense.

And then our defense, which is supposedly our strength, let an offense led by Frank Gore (who's 34, by the way) and Jacoby Brissett put together scoring drives of 48 yards, 65 yards and 88 yards in a row, while only forcing one punt in that time span. There were some drives where the offense or special teams put them in an awful position and they did come out with field goals in those cases (scoring drives of 16 yards and 26 yards I'd consider successes as they were only field goals).

Thankfully, the Colts came out passing on a drive where they had no business passing (just run the clock with your 34 year old RB that is averaging 5 yards per carry, you dumbasses. He even just got 4 yards on 1st down the previous play!) which resulted in a lucky tip-pick six by Dunlap. But even then, the offense was completely incapable of closing the door on these losers' faces!

I know it isn't entirely Dalton's fault because he is being pressured on every single play, but he threw so many passes into the dirt, it seemed like he was suffering from vertigo!

This win accomplished nothing. We were 8.5 point favorites and we squeaked by on the strength of a DE pick six on a play that should have never been called in the first place. We very nearly (and we should have) lost to the worst team in football.

If we had lost, maybe that would have been incentive to FIRE MARVIN LEWIS. Or, at least, see if McCarron can fare any better when he's running for his life.

It feels weird to feel like venting on the forums on a day where we came away with the W, but the path to victory was so unbelievably pathetic that I can't help but feel like it was just delaying the inevitable and, ultimately, just worsening our chances of being rid of this god forsaken coach at the end of the year.

That, and our draft position just got worse.

I certainly hope that, miraculously, we come back from this and go on a run and make the playoffs. That would make my year.

But if you're being honest with yourself, you know that this team is never going to beat a competent team the way they're playing this year. So while we got the victory, it felt so utterly hollow that it may as well have never even happened...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Honestly, I am kind of disappointed that we won today - CJD - 10-29-2017, 10:05 PM