Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Inactives vs. Jacksonville
(11-05-2017, 02:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I wouldn't say it is the latter, but I would think that is closest to the truth.  Prior to this week, I think I counted the guy had 15 practices he had participated in, but there were more limited participation times than full participation.  Add 3 full practices this week, but that still is not enough to be on the same page as the rest of the offensive and special teams units.  If he isn't ready for full time duty, the special teams reps are even more important for him to have the opportunity to gel with the rest of the unit.  I think that's why we are now seeing Malone being activated, as he has been available to practice and get ready since the start of camp and can take the field without creating a liability somewhere.

I'd understand not starting Ross for the reasons you listed. He should be able to have a small package of plays just to get his feet wet though. 

It shouldn't take half a season's worth of practices just to get Malone going, either. All kinds of rookie WR's start from day 1.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Inactives vs. Jacksonville - Shake n Blake - 11-05-2017, 02:43 PM