Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOP 10 List of QBs around the league
(05-16-2015, 03:09 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Again it's a difference of opinion. My opinion doesn't hold any more weight than anyone else's. I didn't say he is the best QB in the league. I do believe he is top 3-5. Just his third season he was 2nd in yards and 1st in TDs. Has 12 come back winning games. So they win because of him in spite  of him. Rodgers is the best in the league period. Ben is a pretty good QB. One could argue Brees.

As for Brady I can't hold known cheaters to the same level as others. Integrity is just one of the values I value.

Lol I don't believe Romo is a better than Luck or a top 5 QB. Unless you want to talk fantasy football. Manning WAS great. I believe he is done.
Say what you want about Flacco but I believe he is top 10.

I don't understand why he doesn't perform as great in the regular season as in the Playoffs. It's hard to argue against Flacco in the playoffs.  
Flacco has the most playoff wins (10) by any NFL quarterback since 2008, twice as many as the next closest competitor and more than twice as many as New England’s Tom Brady (4).
Flacco has the most road playoff wins in NFL history (7), two more than the New York Giants’ Eli Manning.
Flacco has the second-best playoff winning percentage (.714) of any quarterback (with a minimum of 10 starts) in the league. Manning is at .727 (8-3). It’s sixth-best all-time, trailing only legends Bart Starr, Jim Plunkett, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman and Manning.
Unlike Manning, Flacco has never gone to the playoffs and not won at least one game. Manning won four straight during two Super Bowl runs. He lost his first game in his three other playoff trips.
During Baltimore’s five-game playoff winning streak (the longest in the NFL), Flacco has thrown 13 touchdowns and no interceptions. He’s attempted 166 consecutive passes without a pick in the playoffs. He’s produced a 116.6 quarterback rating over that stretch.
In the Ravens’ last nine playoff games (since 2010), Flacco is 168-of-282 for 2,271 yards, 20 touchdowns and two interceptions (106.0 quarterback rating).

I really dislike pure volume stats. He isn't as efficient as he could be and still has too many turnovers (13 fumbles!) to be top three in my eyes.

Romo was an MVP candidate last year and led the league in passer rating. Luck's season last year would not even be a top five rated season for Romo. Luck beats him in volume so the only place Luck is better is fantasy football. Romo has been better at actual football. I might have some bias against Luck, but I get so annoyed when he is crowned as top 3 when he hasn't shown it yet. Sure he has the potential, but can we wait until he actually reaches it to call him the best?

Manning still had a better season than Luck and I'm willing to bet he does it again this year as long as his quad is healthy.

Ehh, I can see that about Brady. I personally think all of this is overblown. Everyone cheats and I don't care too much. Brady is one of the best ever so I'll still rank him high. Montana's best receiver used stickum so should we discount him?

As for Flacco, no one can deny that 2011 run or the Patriots game last year. Very impressive, but let's not act like Flacco was good in the playoffs at the beginning of his career. The team won many many of those games in spite of Flacco playing WORSE than playoff Dalton.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TOP 10 List of QBs around the league - MrRager - 05-16-2015, 03:46 PM