Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOP 10 List of QBs around the league
(05-17-2015, 07:35 PM)MrRager Wrote: Of course any stat will be awful with a sample size of three. Over the course of an entire season, those inaccuracies are inherently rooted out. Like I said it isn't just passer rating, but Y/A and any/a as well. Dalton threw for 4,300 yards and 33 TDs (second in the league) in 2013, but that doesn't mean he had a great year. It was slightly above average. Wilson balls the **** out every year, but just because he doesn't have the volume doesn't make him bad. Volume stats suck.

Romo has a 93.1 rating in the final two minutes of the game, which is the active leader, and over the past three years has the most QWDs. The narrative that he is garbage In crunch time is wrong. He struggled early in his career, but has since been great late in games. Kinda like how Flacco struggled in the playoffs early in his career. The only difference is that his team lost. If he was carried (like Flacco) than maybe we would be talking about how Romo leads in the "wins" stat.

I picked four of the six stats you listed so how is that cherry picking? And yes, wins are team stats. Are you telling me Flacco is great because of the victory over the Pats when he went 4/10? No, the team won that game, like they did for many of the victories required to break those records you listed.

Once again, I have said Flacco improved and has been great playoff QB. That doesn't mean he was at the beginning of his career. I don't see you're point here.

Edit: Just looked closer at the article you posted. They are using ESPN's QBR, which is different from passer rating. I'm hesitant to use that because I do not know the formula and know they have some subjectivity in their grading. It's the same reason I haven't posted PFF or something. Also, look at the QBs who are right behind him in INTs. They are all very good.

Well then maybe luck will improve when he finally gets the supporting cast like Romo finally had last season and views may change.

Lol...I don't see your point of you keep dwelling on Flacco's rookie year. For what purpose I don't know. Yet you said we are talking about NOW. When discussing other players. I don't see the significance of a game in his rookie year has to do with the past 5???? I posted more than just his impressive Win stat but again you cherry pick. If you said he has been decent in recent years. What significance is 6-7 years ago?? which Only to try to discredit his performance the last FIVE seasons.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: TOP 10 List of QBs around the league - Bmoreblitz - 05-17-2015, 09:22 PM