Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I keep hearing that Marvin and Dalton are the problem
(11-09-2017, 01:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: He would face some pretty daunting obstacles here for sure.....

I think what a lot of people on this board don't get is: They see we have potential HOFers in Green and Atkins. Then good players in Dunlap and Dalton and Burfict. So they're like wow we have some really good players.

But the NFL more than any other sport is about top end talent, but also how good your worst starters are. You can get by with a couple Poor starters. And maybe 1-2 more below average guys.

But you can't get by with 8 Poor to Below Average starters.

Then the debate becomes are they like this because of coaching? Or were they bad picks that didn't fit the scheme? Were they not developed.

EVERY player in the NFL was a good player in college...so it's east to say Bodine was a great Center in college and the Bengals coaches ruined him. But, maybe he should have sat and watched for a Year instead of being rushed into a starting job Year 1 because the front office didn't acquire a different Center.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I keep hearing that Marvin and Dalton are the problem - THE PISTONS - 11-09-2017, 01:27 PM