Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McGlinchey getting worked over tonight...he'll probably be our pick
(11-14-2017, 10:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No one would trade up to 9. But there were trades at 10, 12, and 14.

I find it hard to believe that the Chiefs didn't call us about 9 if they traded for 10.

The trade up to 10 costed this: Buffalo traded their first-round selection (10th) to Kansas City in exchange for Kansas City's first- and third-round selections (27th and 91st), as well as their first-round selection in 2018.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NFL_Draft#cite_note-2017TradeTracker-8][/url]

Rueben Foster went at 31...so we could have taken him at 27. Ryan Ramczyk a Tackle from Wisconsin went at 32. Cam Robinson at 34. Forrest Lamp a G went at 38. All of those guys could have been in play at 27.

Ramczyk grades out at 80.1 right now...or as the #12 tackle in football.

Three things:
1) We don't know if the Bengals would have accepted KC's first and third round selections and first-rounder in 2018. We also don't know if KC thought the price to trade to 9 was too steep compared to trading up to 10. You're making the assumption that the Bengals would have just accepted such a trade and that a team thought the Bengals would accept such a trade. Regardless of the reason, it didn't happen.

2) Ramczyk is playing RT for the Saints and they also have a pretty good LT already in Terron Armstead. The Bengals brought back Andre Smith to theoretically start at RG but we all knew he'd end up playing OT. He's a solid RT. The Bengals needed a LT prospect more than a RT, especially because Fisher showed SOME promise at RT late last year. Unfortunately it didn't end up that way. But for what it's worth, I did like Ramczyk as a RT prospect, much like I liked Cam Robinson as a RT prospect. Clearly what the Bengals SHOULD have done was do whatever to retain Whitworth (really should have tagged him) and drafted Ramczyk or Robinson to compete for RT snaps. That would have put pressure on Ogbuehi and Fisher to earn their starter roles but also provided insurance in case they underperformed. Instead, Marvin and Brown put faith in Alexander to get Ogbuehi and Fisher to reach their potential and it ended up backfiring pretty hard.

3) You and some others are being extremely impatient with Ross and I think it's because you don't (or didn't) want to accept that this would be a rebuilding year. You wanted to win now. It's a valid sentiment but wasn't realistic. Let's revisit the Ross selection and other first round selections after their third year (2019) and see just how good/bad they are before we label players as good or a bust.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McGlinchey getting worked over tonight...he'll probably be our pick - ochocincos - 11-14-2017, 10:51 AM