Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Conversation with Willie Anderson (Fbook)
Through a mutual "friend" Chick Ludwig, I saw a post from Willie Anderson that read something to the effect of "We back in it...!" and gave his twitter address. Sure, it was just an attempt at getting followers (something I just don't get...and I hear people pay services to get more? I digress) but I responded with a little sarcasm:

Me: "Willie, how does offensive line coach sound to you?"

Willie: "...sounds like a coach that coaches the offensive line that spends very little time actually coaching and teaching. Lots of paperwork putting in plays and watching film. Very few coaching and training is done"

Me: "I mean I want you to coach them, and paperwork doesn't win games....coaches that can truly teach can!"

Willie: "that's all coaches. They have a hard ass job trying to get guys to learn system and skills. All Oline coaches work their asses off. Just have to have players that do it for them when you're in the pros. Guys have to train skills in the offseason. Coaches don't have time to teach anymore"

Me: "I understand the point you are making. Here's mine: until a scheme that isn't always falling back, and isn't improving the run blocking is installed, everything else should become second priority.

I find it interesting that Willie perceives even the Bengals coaches as "working their asses off", but how much of it is that busy work that people that don't really know what they are doing are always running around trying to act like they have no time. You hear time and again what a great teacher Belicheck is when it comes to technique, etc. In my opinion, you need to MAKE TIME to work the technique in your most glaring faults because nothing else will matter if you can't execute when you need to....which, is pretty much always for this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
My Conversation with Willie Anderson (Fbook) - SHRacerX - 11-20-2017, 10:30 AM